FAIRFAX, VA – Correll Law Firm, PC attorney Beau Correll attended a seminar focused on jury selection and the art of persuasion, today in Fairfax.
The art of voir dire is one of the most critical skills of a trial attorney as it may determine the path of a case even before it begins.
“One of the all-time greatest lawyer quotes is from Clarence Darrow who said, ‘The only real lawyers are trial lawyers, and trial lawyers try cases to juries.’ As someone who has tried cases to juries, I can tell you it is a skill that has to be constantly refined to practice law in the truest sense of the term,” Correll said.
The course was billed to cover:
- A Judge’s Perspective on Jury Selection
- The Law of Jury Selection
- How Jurors Think: What Every Litigator Needs to Know
- Preparing for Voir Dire
- Voir Dire and the Art of Asking the Right Questions
- Jury Selection Strategy
- Social Media Use and Other Complex Jury Issues
- Ethical Considerations in Jury Selection
Correll Law Firm, PC, (correllfirm.com) located in Winchester and serving Northern Virginia, is dedicated to advancing the representation of criminal defendants and personal injury clients.