At Correll Law Firm, our Winchester medical malpractice attorney is an experienced, effective advocate for patients and their families. We know how to hold negligent doctors, hospitals, and health providers accountable. If you or someone you know suffered harm due to medical negligence, you need a professional on your side. To set up a free consultation with a top-rated Virginia medical malpractice lawyer, please call our Winchester law office at 540-535-2005 or contact us online.
An Overview of Virginia’s Medical Malpractice Laws
Under Virginia Commonwealth law, medical professionals and health care providers have a legal responsibility to provide high-quality care to each and every patient. If you or your loved one suffered harm due to substandard care, you have the right to hold a negligent physician or hospital legally liable through a medical malpractice claim. Here are three key things to know about medical malpractice cases in Virginia:
- There is a strict statute of limitations under Code of Virginia § 8.01-243. Most medical malpractice claims must be filed within two years.
- Liability is based on negligence. To hold a defendant at fault for medical malpractice, you must prove their patient harm occurred because substandard care was provided.
- Individual cases are highly specialized, technical, and complex. Either party to a medical malpractice claim may request a hearing before a review panel. Expert testimony is often used in medical malpractice cases.
Our firm handles the full spectrum of medical malpractice claims, including failure to diagnose, delayed diagnosis, anesthesiologist errors, retained surgical object claims, birth injuries, and more. We are prepared to begin investigating your medical malpractice claim right away.
You Deserve Full and Fair Financial Compensation
Even when liability is clear, recovering fair financial compensation can be difficult. Insurance companies fight hard to protect their profits and limit their liability. At Correll Law Firm, our Winchester medical malpractice attorney is committed to maximizing your compensation. Through a medical malpractice claim, you may be entitled to recover money damages for:
- Emergency medical care;
- Medical bills and related costs;
- Loss of current and future income;
- Pain and suffering;
- Scarring or disfigurement;
- Long term physical impairment; and
- Wrongful death.
How Our Winchester Medical Malpractice Attorneys Can Help
Virginia’s medical malpractice laws are complicated. Our attorneys have the skills, knowledge, and experience to handle the full range of medical malpractice claims. We are ready to get started on your case today. When you reach out to our Winchester office, you will have an opportunity to consult with a Virginia medical malpractice lawyer who will:
- Answer your questions during a free initial consultation;
- Investigate your case—gathering medical records and evidence;
- Consult with medical experts; and
- Handle correspondence with insurers; and
- Take aggressive action to get you justice and full financial compensation.
Call Our Medical Malpractice Lawyer Today
At Correll Law Firm, our Virginia medical malpractice attorney is a skilled, effective advocate for patients and their families. If you or your loved one suffered harm due to medical negligence, we are here to help. Call us at 540-535-2005 or contact us online for your free case evaluation. With an office in Winchester, we represent people and families throughout Northern Virginia.
"From A to Z, Beau kept in contact with me, and kept me up to date.”
-Personal injury client
Think You Have A Case?
If you suffered from a medical error, give us a call for a free case evaluation.