At Correll Law Firm, our Winchester motorcycle accident lawyer is a compassionate, experienced advocate for injured victims and their families. Our law firm has what it takes to hold negligent drivers, negligent truck companies, and large insurers accountable. If you or your loved one was hurt in a motorcycle crash, we are here to help you get justice and financial compensation. Call us at 540-535-2005 to schedule a free, fully confidential consultation with a top-rated Virginia motorcycle accident attorney.
Most Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcyclists have limited protection. Unfortunately, this means that a significant percentage of motorcycle accidents in Virginia result in injuries to the rider. The federal government estimates that motorcyclists are hurt in nearly 80 percent of all collisions reported to law enforcement. The Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) reports that somewhere between 2,000 and 2,400 motorcycle accident injuries are reported across the Commonwealth each year. For reference, there were 33 motorcycle collisions reported within the City of Winchester alone during a five-year period. Some of the most common motorcycle accident injuries reported in Virginia include:
- Rider’s arm;
- Broken bones;
- Back injuries;
- Facial injuries, including dental injuries;
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs);
- Internal bleeding;
- Internal organ injuries; and
- Spinal cord damage.
An Overview of Motorcycle Accident Laws in Virginia
Were you hurt in a motorcycle crash in Winchester? If so, it is essential that you know your legal rights and legal responsibilities. Similar to other types of motor vehicle collisions, motorcycle crashes are governed by state law. Here are four key things to know about the motorcycle accident laws in Virginia:
- Motorcycle Collisions Should Be Reported: In Virginia, all motor vehicle accidents, including motorcycle crashes, should be reported to law enforcement if they result in injuries, fatalities, or significant property damage.
- A Two Year Statute of Limitation for a Motorcycle Accident Injury Claim: You must file a motorcycle accident injury claim before the statute of limitations expires. Under Virginia Commonwealth law, you have two years to file a lawsuit against the negligent party.
- Motorcycle Accident Liability is Based on Fault: All motorcycle accidents in Winchester require a comprehensive investigation to determine what happened and why. The party who caused the crash through negligence (failure to take proper care) can be held liable for the resulting injuries.
- Virginia is a Contributory Negligence Jurisdiction: Virginia is one of the only remaining places in the United States that still uses a contributory negligence system. It is an ultra-harsh rule for plaintiffs. If you were found partially at fault for your own motorcycle crash, you could be denied compensation.
Injured Motorcyclists Deserve Full and Fair Financial Compensation
In Virginia, motorcycle accident victims have the right to claim compensation for the full extent of their damages, including for certain types of intangible losses. That being said, getting a fair settlement offer from a major insurance company is often easier said than done. Large insurers fight aggressively to settle claims for the lowest amount possible—often offering injured bikers far less than they rightfully deserve. At Correll Law Firm, our Winchester motorcycle accident lawyer has the skills and experience to help you maximize money damages. You may be able to recover for:
- Motorcycle repairs or replacement;
- Emergency medical treatment;
- Hospital bills and other costs;
- Loss of current and future wages;
- Pain and suffering;
- Mental distress;
- Permanent disfigurement;
- Long term disability; and
- The wrongful death of a close relative.
How Virginia Motorcycle Accident Attorney Beau Correll Can Help
Motorcycle accident claims are complicated. As an experienced personal injury lawyer and founding attorney Beau Correll draws from a rich and diverse legal and personal background to help victims get justice, accountability, and compensation. When you reach out to our Winchester law office, you will have a chance to speak to a Virginia motorcycle accident attorney who can:
- Listen to your story and explain your rights;
- Answer questions about the personal injury claims process;
- Investigate the motorcycle accident;
- Handle all of the legal paperwork;
- Represent you in settlement negotiations; and
- Take your claim as far as needed to get successful results.
We are proud to provide each and every client with personalized personal injury representation. With reviews and testimonials from previous clients, you and your family can rely on our Winchester, VA motorcycle accident attorney for top-quality guidance and support.
Call Our Winchester, VA Motorcycle Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
At Correll Law Firm, our Winchester motorcycle accident attorney is a results-driven legal advocate for injured victims. If you or your family member was hurt in a motorcycle crash, our team is more than ready to help. Call the firm at 540-535-2005 or send us a message directly through the website to arrange your no-cost, no-obligation case evaluation. With a law office in Winchester, we represent motorcycle accident victims throughout the Shenandoah Valley.
Think You Have A Case?
If you suffered from a personal injury, give us a call for a free personal injury case evaluation.