At Correll Law Firm, our Winchester bicycle accident lawyer is an experienced, justice-focused advocate for injured victims and their families members. Our law firm is qualified to handle the full range of bicycle accident claims. If you or your child was hurt in a bicycle collision, we are here to help. For a free, strictly confidential consultation with a skilled Virginia bicycle accident attorney, please call our Winchester law office at 540-535-2005 or reach out to us directly online.
The Most Common Bicycle Accident Injuries
Bicycles are a cost-effective and environmentally-friendly form of transportation and recreation. Unfortunately, bike accidents remain a serious safety problem in the Shenandoah Valley and throughout the United States. While bicycles have a right to use most public roads in the Commonwealth of Virginia, too many drivers still fail to take proper care when around bicyclists. A bike-automobile collision can result in very serious injuries to the rider, including:
- Deep cuts and lacerations;
- Torn muscles;
- Soft tissue damage;
- Joint injuries;
- Broken bones;
- Facial fractures;
- Concussions & TBIs;
- Internal organ injuries; and
- Spinal cord damage.
An Overview of Bicycle Accident Laws in Virginia
Were you injured in a bicycle accident in Winchester? If so, it is imperative that you know your rights and responsibilities under the Commonwealth’s bike accident laws. Here are four key things to know about bicycle accident injury claims in Virginia:
- You Must Seek Medical Attention to File a Personal Injury Claim: For your own health and well-being, you should seek immediate medical care after a bike collision. Additionally, you will only be eligible to recover personal injury compensation if you see a doctor.
- A Two-Year Statute of Limitations for Bicycle Accidents: In Virginia, bike accidents are subject to a two-year statute of limitations. If you wait too long to file a claim, you may be time-barred. Call a Winchester, VA bike accident lawyer as soon as possible after a crash.
- Virginia is a Fault-Based Bike Accident Liability State: In Virginia, the party who was at fault for a bike accident can be held liable for the resulting damages. In most cases, bike accident claims are filed against negligent drivers (and their insurers).
- A Harsh Contributory Negligence Standard Applies: Virginia still uses a contributory negligence standard. A harsh legal rule for plaintiffs, the standard could deny you compensation if you are deemed partially at fault for your own bike accident.
What Compensation Can I Recover in a Bike Accident Claim?
The amount of financial compensation that you can recover in a bicycle accident depends on a wide range of different factors, including your ability to prove liability and the nature and severity of your injuries. You have a right to seek financial relief for both economic and non-economic losses. Sadly, insurers can make the claims process extremely challenging for people and families. They have a business interest in settling claims for the lowest amount possible. An insurer may even try to deny you compensation altogether. At Correll Law Firm, our Winchester bicycle accident lawyer fights tirelessly to help clients maximize their recovery. You may be able to get money damages for:
- Replacement of a damaged bicycle;
- Emergency room care;
- Medical expenses;
- Physical therapy;
- Lost wages;
- Loss of earning power;
- Pain and suffering;
- Emotional harm;
- Loss of life enjoyment; and
- Wrongful death.
You Can Rely On Our Winchester Bicycle Accident Attorney
Bicycle accident injury claims are notoriously complex. It is normal to be confused, even overwhelmed after a serious collision. With a diverse personal and professional background, our attorney is a trial-tested personal injury advocate. Our firm is ready to get started on your case today. Among other things, our Winchester bicycle accident lawyer will:
- Conduct a no cost, comprehensive review of your personal injury case;
- Gather all of the documents, records, evidence, and information you need to proceed;
- Represent you in all correspondence with the insurance company, including settlement; and
- Take your bike accident injury claim as far as necessary to get the best possible results.
Each and every bicycle accident involves its own unique set of facts. A one-size-fits-all approach to the law is not good enough for you and your family. With a well-documented record of client testimonials, you can count on our Winchester motorcycle accident attorney for effective legal representation.
Contact Our Winchester, VA Bicycle Accident Lawyer Today
At Correll Law Firm, our Winchester bicycle accident attorney has the professional skills and legal expertise to protect your rights. If you or someone you know was hurt in a bicycle accident, we will help you recover the full and fair financial support that you rightfully deserve. Contact us at 540-535-2005 to set up a free, no-commitment initial consultation. From our Winchester law office, we handle bike accident injury claims throughout the region.
Think You Have A Case?
If you suffered from a personal injury, give us a call for a free personal injury case evaluation.